Ted Cruz is currently tied for sixth place in the Republican presidential race, but that doesn’t excuse you from learning more about the soon-too-be political has-been. Get to know the senator from Texas with these 10 Ted Cruz facts.
1. Announced campaign via Twitter after botched attempt to declare during solo number at 2015 Super Bowl halftime show.
2. Presumed born in Canada after being found as an infant on church steps straddling Michigan-Ontario border.
3. Hopes Marco Rubio concedes so he can be the most popular Cuban-Republican candidate again.
4. Attended Harvard Law School, where his experiences on the Harvard Law Review served as inspiration for the film “Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde.”
5. Called President Barack Obama “the world’s most powerful communist” after witnessing the President personally defeat the combined armies of Cuba and North Korea in hand-to-hand combat.
6. Secretly messes with Texas when nobody’s looking.
7. Has no idea that his “best friend in the Senate,” Mike Lee of Utah, is only pretending because he lost a bet to the Senate Appropriations Committee.
8. Outspoken critic of man-made climate change, facts.
9. Debate strategy is to just repeat everything Carly Fiorina says in deeper, manlier voice.
10. Would have gotten away with the government shutdown, too, if it weren’t for those meddling kids.